Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Spain - 22/10/2006: Part 2 - the goods.

So here it is...the long-awaited, highly-anticipated nun story. There's so much presure built up now I hope I don't disappoint.

As I believe I said before, there was really only one thing I wanted to do while I was in Madrid, and that was to find the cloistered nuns and buy some cookies from them. There's really no need to review what I said last time...so I'll just start where I left off last time.

Just like I promised, we found the correct door rather easily. There a few steps one must go through in order to recieve and enjoy the goodies.


Step 1. Finding the right door and pushing the right button.



Step 2. Once inside the convent, there is a little hallway that leads to the turnstile where the goods are recieved. Behind the turnstile is a nun (this is an assumption, since you can't actually see the person you're interacting with). The idea is to tell her what kind of baked good you want, place the money in the turnstile.


Step 3. The turnstile turns (likey-doo), the money disappears, and the treats appear! (This makes all little boys and Dougs happy)


Step 4. Of course, with cookies in hand, you can't wait until getting back to the hotel or hostel to dig in to the bag. Luckily, the nuns have a nice little bench for people to sit on that's perfect for eating cookies.


Step 5. EAT THE COOKIES!!!!




The trick is to make the bag last for more than one sitting. It's rather difficult, but we manged to get the cookies back to the hostel for everyone else to give them a try. I had talked this place up so much that everyone was pretty excited to try the treats. And they were delicious, and well worth the trouble to find.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a neat little adventure!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you're the cutest!!!! I love the pictures!!

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home