Saturday, September 23, 2006

Tajine

This is what I eat. This is tajine. This particular dish is what I ate this evening. It's called "tagine poulet aux cirton", and it is goooooood.



Ramadan begins tomorrow, which means it is the first day of fasting. I have decided to do my best to fast along with pretty much everyone else in Morocco. So tonight I went to town for a nice dinner. This task was a little more arduous than usual as I am pretty sure that I broke a toe yesterday. Let me begin with my toe.

I've been attempting to get some information about my options for course next semester. Specifically, I need to take a specific class next semester if I want to graduate from NDSU in the spring. I was on my way to speak to the one individual who could answer my request, and just let me say that walking can be treacherous....especially when you have to go up stairs....and the stairs are not all the same height. To put it bluntly, I stubbed the s**t out of the toe next to the big toe on my left foot, and fell. Unfortunately there was no one around. No one to laugh, or to say "Look at the stupid American!".
So I limped up the rest of the stairs and did what I had to do.
The rest of the day I just assumed that I jammed it, that the damage was minimal, and nothing more than temporarily inconvenient. I believed this, atleast until this moring when I woke up and my toe was black and blue in spots, and still really hurt. Because of the condition of my toe, I was forced to stay here instead of going to Fes for the weekend. A couple my friends and I had planned to take a one day class in cooking Moroccan food. Due to my injury, I stayed home.
So today I've done mostly nothing. Some reading. Played Playbabble for a little while. Took a shower. Everyone is gone from campus, so here I sit all by myself. I decided, as I mentioned earlier, to go into town for a nice dinner. Basically I wanted to pig out before the fasting begins. So I took a cab to my favorite restaurant and ordered my favorite dish. And it was goooo-oood.
I guess that's about it. I ate, now I'm going to start some more reading. I just wanted to show you all what I ate, and it appears I got wrapped up in telling a story about it. But that's all. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home