Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I just met with Shura, my old Arabic instructor. She has a way of making me feel better about the decisions I make. I think it's that she genuinely believes in me and knows me, which is strange since I have only known her for a year.
I won't be returning to the United States over the winter break. At least I don't plan to. This means that I'll have three weeks to kill in a foreign country and I'm assuming not too many people will be sticking around campus over the break. This means that I will have the opportunity to do some traveling. I really want to see Spain and I have some friends and friends of the family who will be in Germany. The University may even the capabiliy of placing me with a family in Morocco during the vacation. Today, Shura offered to have me at her home in Egypt with her family. This is the type of kind gesture I've come expect from her. She will be back in Egypt for a few weeks over the break and her son is getting married while she's going to be home. This is honestly where I'd like to be over the break. Shura is certain that her sons (she has 3) would be more than happy to give me a tour of Cairo. This is probably going to be the most exciting part of the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home