Sunday, June 25, 2006

Morocco Update:

Things just got more complicated. Just when I thought everything was set and all I had to do was ride out this summer.
I got my Financial Aid award letter from NDSU. They are going to give me $5,000 for each semester I will be in Morocco..which is about $10,000 short for the year. This is huge. If I can't get the loans I can't go. There is a possible solution though, but it involves me reducing my studies in Morocco to one semester.

1. MSU-Bozeman is giving me $2,000 for the first semester, which means I'd only have to come up with another $3,000 for the first semester.
2. I need two full years of a foreign language in order to get my double major. This is the main reason I wanted to do the full year in Morocco. It turns out that NDSU is going to be offering a second year of Arabic next year. I might be able to do my second half of my second year at NDSU after completing one semester in Morocco.
3. I need 10 weeks of study abroad for my double major. One semester would fulfill that requirement.

Phone calls must be made, people must be contacted. I have a lot to do the next couple days.
However, I feel like if I only do one semester in Morocco I'll be cheating myself out of a great experience. But I'll be saving myself alot of money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home