Sunday, August 06, 2006

Procrastination Pays Off...sorta.

It's been a while since I've posted anything on here, and I'm seriously past due (50 points to anyone who can tell me which of my favorite bands has a song called Past Due). I really hope that while I'm away I don't fall into the same lack-of-motivation-funk that I have found myself in while in Williston. Maybe I'm just talking to myself. Does anyone read this?

Anyway, here's another stateside update:
I still don't have my tickets for my trip, but I ATTEMPTED to get them tonight. My earlier searches showed plane tickets priced at around three-thousand dollars. That's a lot of money. More than I could ever hope to make during one summer. So I put off purchasing tickets in hopes that as time went on, prices would fall (kinda like Wall Street). Well tonight I tried to get me some areo-plane tickets. I called Northwest to see what they could do for me, and they could get me to Casablanca for just over three-thousand bones. I gave them my mommies credit card money, ready to bite the bullet, and her card (luckily) wasn't valid for that amount. So we had the nice lady on the phone hold the reservation for 24 hours so we could make a phone call to the bank. In the meantime my mother and I decided to look on Orbitz again, because I was finding flights for half as much. And much to our surprise, not only were they much cheaper, but I can also fly out of Fargo instead of Minneapolis for not much more money, AND I can even get to Fez (which is where someone from the university will pick me up and drive me to Ifrane...where the university is).

So yea. That's it. Tomorrow my mommy and myself will buy me some tickets for my trip, thus making it official. I'm fucking going to Morocco.

The End?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home