Monday, September 18, 2006

Rabat Photos 1

Here is the first of what will be several posts of pictures from my trip to Rabat. I'm sorry that you only get little snippets but my blog-site is acting up and it takes about 10 minutes for each picture to upload.
So, I'm not going to write too much during this photo representation of the city. The stories are minimal and the picture do a sufficient job of illustrating what I saw, and what I mean to pass on to you.
Enjoy.


This is a fountain that was half a block down the street from the hotel we stayed at.


The street that our hotel was on had a giant boulevard running down the middle. As you can see, the boulevard is lined with huge palm trees. Rabat is the capital of Morocco, and the building on the left of the screen is the parliament building. I don't think I got a better shot of parliament, but one of the others may have.


We walked through the Old Medina to get to this Kasbah. It was huge...too big to fit into a photo. I did take a video of it that I will try to post as soon as I find out how to post video. (The video takes a panoramic view of the Kasbah...and Nates head).


These are the stair leading to the main entrance of the Kasbah. At the bottom of the stairs there is another doorway leading into the Kasbah gardens. I do have some pictures of the gardens, but you'll have to wait to see those because the pics take so long to load, and also because I want to post these in chronological order: between the entrance of the Kasbah and the gardens of the Kasbah is an event that has left me a different person. And of course, you'll have to wait for that too!
The Suspense!!!!
I'm like a drug dealer like that....I keep you coming back...I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home